Church Business Administrator
Church Business Administrator
Mount Tabor United Methodist Church, Inc.
3543 Robinhood Rd., Winston-Salem, NC 27106
The Church Business Administrator position requires an appreciation for and in-depth understanding of the special needs of the business and financial sides of a large church operation. This position requires interaction with the Clergy, Staff Program Coordinators and a diverse and ever changing group of chairpersons from a variety of committees acting for the wellbeing and advancement of the Church and it missions as a place of worship and spiritual growth This individual must possess the variety of financial, personnel, and business skills required to successfully complete the job requirements as well as a strong desire to work with others towards the goal of growing and supporting our church community.
The person in this position must be willing to be flexible with their work hours. This is a full-time 35 hour per week position but the hours and days worked may be different each week based on the requirements of the week’s workload.
This position also acts as a staff liaison to a number of church committees in order to assist them with the financial and business aspects of the work of their committee. This brings continuity and stability to these committees for those financial and business details, as the Chairpersons and committee members change on an annual basis.
This position requires the management and reporting of confidential financial data including information on individual church member’s monetary contributions. It also requires the ability to interact with members of the congregation in order to assist them with a myriad of financial topics and questions.
Position Requirement Highlights:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or 4-5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with experience in using church financial reporting software as well as be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Prefer knowledge of the United Methodist Church and its policies and traditions as they relate to managing the financial aspects of the organization.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Four to five years’ experience as a Church Financial Administrator or Church Business Administrator with financial responsibilities.
- Experience in preparing financial reports, budgets and clergy salary forms with IRS clergy reductions within a church environment would be a plus.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Relates well to all kinds and ages of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are now accepting applications for this position and interested parties should go to https://www.mttaborumc.org/employment-opportunities to review the full job description as well as salary/benefits and to obtain a copy of the Mount Tabor UMC Job Application. You will also find detailed information for submitting your Application Package consisting of the job application, current resume, as well as the Application Timeframe. Contact Deborah Keaton 336-817-8830 with any questions regarding the posting process.
Contact: Deborah Keaton
Church/Org/Business Name: Mount Tabor United Methodist Church
Address: 3543 Robinhood Rd Winston Salem NC 27106
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view