Children's Ministries Director - Tampa, FL
Be part of Making God’s Love Real in the lives of children and families from babies – Grade 5 in Tampa and beyond.
Hyde Park United Methodist is a church that seeks a way in the center as a witness to God’s inclusive love for all people.
Are you a strategic and visionary leader that can cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people? Then you could be the next person to join our team and help children know and experience the love of God made real in Jesus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing curriculum, weekly programs, annual and periodic events, inviting and equipping volunteers.
We are looking for someone to:
Equip, lead and spiritually support staff and lay persons to use their gifts in ministry with children and families in the life of this church.
- Leadership: Support, mentor and coach the Children's Ministries Leadership Team made up of staff and volunteers. Supervise part-time staff.
- Strategic: Continuously identify new ways to be effective in all areas of ministry in person and online, plan strategically for the future of these ministries through various phases, and implement new strategies as needed.
- Visionary: Communicate a clear vision, goals and benchmarks to staff, lay volunteers and parents, and evaluate progress toward those goals.
- Relational: Create a positive environment for staff, volunteers and families - one of teamwork and cooperation
Candidates must be growing in their own faith journey, warm-hearted, open-minded, organized, fun persons who are committed to mainline Christian faith in the Methodist tradition.
Why work at Hyde Park?
- Hyde Park is a church where all people are truly welcome, loved and invited to use their gifts in ministry.
- This church is proud of our past and simultaneously points toward the future. We have a sanctuary full of stained-glass windows and a majestic pipe organ, where you can hear a 50-person Chancel Choir. We also have a brand-new Contemporary worship space where you can experience creative and modern worship with a band and singers.
- Hyde Park is a church that values people's questions about faith and in-depth study of the Bible. We are intentionally Wesleyan as we live out our church life together. Our team of ordained clergy includes both women and men.
- Our staff and volunteers work together by design, because we believe it is important to equip the laity for ministry and not just "get the task done ourselves".
- Our staff values each other, prays together weekly and remembers to play together also. We care for one another, while at the same time pushing each other to be our best. We work hard, strive for excellence and place a high value on rest and taking vacation time.
- Hyde Park United Methodist is located in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood of beautiful Tampa, Florida just blocks from Bayshore Boulevard. We have great weather year-round and the size of our city means we have an endless array of activities, cultural institutions and social diversions.
- The Tampa Bay area is home to four major professional sports teams in football, baseball, hockey and soccer. Tampa has many different neighborhoods with a thriving food scene. The artistic side of Tampa grows every year with museums, Broadway shows, concerts, festivals and more. Want to know more about living in Tampa? Visit Make it Tampa’s site here, and use their cost-of-living comparison tool here.
Contact: John Barolo
Church/Org/Business Name: Hyde Park United Methodist
Address: 500 W. Platt St. Tampa FL 33606
Email: Click to email