Youth and Young Adult Minister
Crestwood United Methodist Church
YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT MINISTER
FULL TIME POSITION: 40 Hours per week
The minister of Youth and Young Adults, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, and being responsible / accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee, provides primary direction and leadership consistent with the vision, mission and objectives for the youth (6th-12th grade) and young adult (18-29) programs at Crestwood United Methodist Church (CUMC)
This position assumes primary responsibility at CUMC for:
- Recruiting, training and supervising volunteer laity for all youth and young adult programs and functions.
- Reviewing, selecting, and ordering curriculum materials for all youth and young adult programs.
- Advertising and promoting all youth and young adult programs through a communication plan that includes the monthly church newsletter and frequent connections with youth, young adults and parents.
- Supervising ongoing youth and young adult ministries including:
- Middle and High School Programs (Sunday School, Sunday Night and Wednesday Night Youth Group)
- Small Groups
- Regular mission/service projects throughout the year
- Social and outreach events
- Start and develop a young adult program that offers at least a Sunday morning Bible Study and weekly evening experience.
- Planning and attending seasonal weekend and weeklong activities for youth including, but not limited to:
- Fall: Overnight retreat with spiritual and recreation focus
- Winter: Winter Blitz, Ski Trip, etc)
- Spring: Spring Retreat
- Summer: Weeklong mission trip, short term trips, day trips
- Planning, teaching and facilitating yearly confirmation class with the Senior Pastor
- Being available as a support person to local schools during times of crisis.
- Meeting regularly with students in local schools during lunch and attend school functions (plays, sports games, concerts, etc)
- Supervising student ministry interns and volunteers
- Participation in Sunday morning worship and other church activities.
- Maintaining an active and involved Youth and Parent Council for support and planning of all youth programs.
- Communicating concerns and needs to either the Senior Pastor or SPRC Chairperson in a timely manner.
- Attending staff meeting and committee meetings when requested by Senior Pastor or committee chairperson.
- Successfully completing other duties as assigned.
PERESONAL AND LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS DEEMED HIGHLY IMPORTANT FOR THE MINISTER OF YOUTH
- Love of God and neighbor, a generous nature, being truthful at all times, treating all people with dignity, and daily living a life that demonstrates behavior consistent with professed beliefs and spiritual practices.
- Good communication and planning skills
- Goal oriented (short and long term) with ability to articulate a clear vision for the ministry.
- Flexibility in working with others
- Enthusiastic team player and contributor
- Consisted, sound follow-through and accountability
- Versatile program approach with broad, creative view of youth ministry.
$30,000-40,000 possible housing option based on experience.
To apply email your resume to email@example.com. Title the email “Youth and Young Adults.”
Contact: Rev. Derek Robinette
Address: 7214 Kavanaugh Rd Crestwood KY 40014
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view