Director of Children's Ministries
Director of Children’s Ministries
Main Street United Methodist Church
306 South Main Street
Kernersville, NC 27284
The Director of Children’s Ministries of Main Street UMC is a full-time position having responsibility for youth ministries ages 0 – 5th grade.
Our Vision: Fostering vital communities through love and life-changing experiences.
Our Mission: We exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Director of Children’s Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor and alongside other staff and leaders of the congregation. The Director of Children’s Ministry manages a Nursery staff and is expected to develop, direct, motivate, and support all children’s ministries with a special emphasis on leadership in the following:
• Provide Safe Sanctuary training for all children’s ministries (includes working with Business administrator to secure background checks for staff and volunteers where required by Safe Sanctuary policies).
• Nursery: ensure that quality childcare is provided for Sunday worship, and for other events when staff agrees that childcare is needed.
• Children’s Sunday School: Recruit, train, and equip volunteers; choose and order curriculum.
• Work with Children’s Council to oversee all ministries with children, including ongoing ministries (e.g. Sunday School) and special events such as: Kids in Action Camp, Easter Egg Hunt, Advent Activities.
• Vacation Bible School: Recruit, train, and equip volunteers; choose and order curriculum.
• Provide “Moments with Children” at worship services, and direct “Kids Connect”
children’s worship experience
• Assist Youth director with all confirmation class activities
• Acolytes and Crucifers for Sunday worship: train, schedule and ensure all supplies are ready and working
• Works with MSUMC Preschool Director bridging the two communities.
• Ensure children’s worship packets ministry is operating for all three services on Sunday
mornings: Ordering and coordinating with volunteers.
The Director of Children’s Ministries shall serve on the following: Children’s Council
The Director of Children’s Ministries shall manage existing and initiate new ministries, lead Teams, excel as a teacher, enjoy a multi-faceted role, be flexible and adaptive, work independently, claim ownership of assigned ministries, and maintain the highest level of integrity. A four year degree and or applicable experience is preferred.
Contact: Zac Price
Church/Org/Business Name: Main Street United Methodist Church
Address: 306 South Main Street Kernersville NC 27284
Email: Click to email