Technical Director - Boone United Methodist
Job Description – Technical Director
The Technical Director will be Christ-centered, compassionate, a good organizer and communicator, and equipped to guide a ministry team in providing high quality sound, lighting, and visual projection for worship and other gatherings. The Tech Director will lead the tech ministries team utilizing all of the gifts and talents within our congregation and community. This includes leading church staff and laity in planning, implementing, and evaluating how our tech ministry enhances worship and strengthens the mission of the Church. He or she will have a passion for the gospel, a commitment to team-building, leadership development and the ministry of the laity, and an ability to articulate a clear vision for Tech ministries that are in keeping with BUMC’s mission to “love our community and invite all to discover life in Christ.”
Responsibilities of the Tech Director will include:
- Work with pastoral and worship staff to develop weekly production tasks.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge about all AVL systems on the campus at BUMC.
- Learn the basic operation of all AVL systems. This includes a focus on audio, if audio is not the primary strength of the TD.
- Have a basic ability to troubleshoot issues in regards to all AVL systems.
- Manage and schedule the Tech teams at BUMC. This includes teams which cover any tech areas at BUMC. (Sanctuary, Crossroads, Chapel, etc.)
- Ensure all events at BUMC are properly staffed to cover AVL needs.
- Prep event areas with AVL requirements prior to events (services, rehearsals, etc)
- Assign tasks to team members based upon team member competency.
- Work to ensure all tech teams at BUMC provide consistent results, regardless of individual operators.
- Communicate with the Director Worship and the Arts to coordinate requiring AVL production needs. Attend meetings where AV requirements are discussed if possible.
- Provide training and continuing education for the tech teams at BUMC.
- Keep an inventory of all AVL equipment, and keep all system in a neat and orderly manner.
- Keep all stage, FOH and other tech areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain all PC’s, computer peripherals, and networks in a working order. This includes all needed software updates.
- Develop AVL budgets for each calendar year. This includes upgrades and consumables.
- Provide our AVL service provider with information about any needed repair or replacement items.
- Interface with the AVL service provider to receive assistance with any issues that cannot be resolved in-house.
The Tech Director will work closely with our Director of Worship & the Arts, our pastoral staff, and our Business Administrator.
The Technical Director will report to the Director of Worship & the Arts.
Tentative Proposals for Discussion:
20 hours per week
Beginning compensation for consideration will be $15,000-20,000 a year depending on experience.
Compensation for additional events like weddings will be according to a fee schedule and will be the responsibility of the person(s) requesting AVL assistance.
All outside groups will be required to utilize our Technical Director or a member of our Tech Team if they require AVL resources. Outside sound techs will only be allowed to run our equipment when supervised by one of our technicians.
Contact: Dana Davis
Church/Org/Business Name: Boone United Methodist Church
Address: 471 New Market Blvd Boone 28607
Email: Click to email