To assist and support the Senior Accountant
Status: part-time, hourly, non-exempt, at-will
Hours: 20 hours per week
Supervisor: Senior Accountant
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
- Enter approved invoices into accounting software system
- Produce checks for signature
- Prepare signed checks for mailing and deliver to post office
- File paid invoices
- Forward credit card statements and coding spreadsheet to card holders
- Reconcile and enter monthly credit card invoice into accounting software system
- Maintain 1099 spreadsheet and 1099 file
- Maintain W9 file and enter information into accounting software system
- Prepare annual form 1099s for all independent contractors for review and approval
- Prepare approved form 1099s for mailing and deliver to post office
- Prepare semi-annual NC Sales tax refund forms for review and approval
- Prepare approved tax refund forms for mailing and deliver to post office
- Post journal entries prepared by Senior Accountant
- Perform monthly review of various funds, accounts, and giving records; make appropriate reclassification entries
- Enter all “estimates of giving” into contribution software system and maintain back-up
- Assist in counting and recording of financial gifts received during worship services and through the mail
- Take prepared deposits to the bank
- Cross-train in payroll software as back-up for Senior Accountant
Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
Minimum of two years training and experience. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting a plus.
Experience with church culture a plus.
Ability to take direction and complete tasks with high degrees of accuracy and consistency.
Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding financial contributions to the church.
Must be able to work with diverse individuals, communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Publisher, PowerPoint).
Experience with ACS software (Finance, Contribution and People modules) a plus.
Experience with any non-profit accounting software a plus.
Contact: Sarah Haynes
Church/Org/Business Name: Davidson United Methodist Church
Address: 233 South Main Street DAVIDSON 28036
Phone: 704-892-8277 ext.235
Email: Click to email