Technical Arts Coordinator
Job Title: Technical Arts Coordinator
Reports to: Worship Pastor
Full-time (40 Hours per week)
Crossroads Church is a passionate, growing community of faith where we are intentional about welcoming people in, growing them in their faith and sending them out to be all that God calls them to. Our church is conveniently located in Concord, North Carolina just outside of Charlotte. The Queen city has so much to offer, including being the home of the Carolina Panthers and other major attractions, and is close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and coastline.
The Technical Arts Coordinator (TAC) has overall responsibility for leading the video, broadcast, and media production functions of Crossroads Church for services and special events. In addition, the TAC will manage the creative process to produce graphics, videos, and other creative elements for Sunday services, promotion, and the website. A key strength needs to be the ability to develop and manage others, as the TAC will lead teams of people to perform these functions.
Ensure that Sunday morning experience is technically excellent
- Set processes in place to ensure excellent operation of audio, lighting, and media equipment by volunteers.
- Serve as proponent for new technology and resources that will improve the Sunday morning experience.
- Troubleshoot problems and teach others to do the same. Work to minimize the risk of systems failures.
Produce video and graphic elements
- Support the Strategic Team members, teaching pastors, and worship pastors in the creative design and production of weekend services and special events.
- Lead production of messages prepared for live stream transmission and hard-drive back-ups.
- Regularly review the sermon calendar and communicate the need for information or clarification to the Strategic Team.
- Create graphics and video bumpers for message series and special events.
Manage Volunteer Teams
- Responsible for process to recruit, train, and schedule tech and creative team volunteers.
- Provide strong leadership and technical oversight for volunteers.
- Develop leaders who can effectively oversee campus technical teams and troubleshoot problems when they occur.
- Train volunteers and staff on operational processes and equipment in order to maintain a consistent and excellent experience across campuses.
- Recruit volunteers (there are also church-wide initiatives to recruit volunteers).
- Proactively provide opportunities for team members to connect with the church and with each other as a part of our assimilation process
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all video/lighting/media production equipment.
- Develop detailed knowledge of operation and integration of all equipment.
- Train and equip both staff and volunteers to ensure successful operation of equipment in various settings.
- Assess current and future technology needs and prepare acquisition strategies.
- Oversee the process of set-up, tear-down, and storage of equipment on a weekly basis.
- Put measures in place to ensure that equipment and supplies are secured against damage, loss, or theft.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with audio/video/lighting/production
- Experience leading staff or volunteers
Contact: Kim Bumgardner
Church/Org/Business Name: Crossroads United Methodist Church
Address: 220 GEORGE W LILES PKWY NW CONCORD 28027
Email: Click to email