Children's Ministry Director
Job Title: Elementary Coordinator
Reports to: Family Pastor
Full-time (40 Hours per week)
Crossroads Church is a passionate, growing community of faith where we are intentional about welcoming people in, growing them in their faith and sending them out to be all that God calls them to. Our church is conveniently located in Concord, North Carolina just outside of Charlotte. The Queen city has so much to offer, including being the home of the Carolina Panthers and other major attractions, and is close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and coastline.
As the Children’s Ministry Director, you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of our children.
- Collaborate with family team and Executive Team to develop, understand and implement vision for children’s ministry
- Oversee all ministry experiences for children in Nursery to 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programing and special events
- Select curriculum for each ministry opportunity and each age level.
- Create environments for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers and paid workers who share in the values and vision of Crossroads Church.
- Collaborate with Restoration ministries to provide care for children and families with the church, including prayer, hospital visits and follow up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
- Assist in the planning of special family-focused events
- Reconcile bi-weekly payroll for paid child care workers
- Ensure safe environment for all classrooms
- Ensure Safe Sanctuary policies are adhered by teachers and volunteers
- Work with the Event planner to help coordinate church wide events that include children and families
- Work with Director of Operations to plan and maintain Children’s ministry budget
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include: prayer, study, rest and financial giving and generosity
- Love and care for your family
- Exhibit a positive Christian lifestyle
- Maintain a continuing education plan for skill building and self-improvement and refreshing.
- Be actively involved in the life of the church
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry who has a love for children and families.
- Understanding of Crossroads’ mission and values and intentionality in fostering these elements across all aspects of church life and ministry
- Positive attitude and approach with Christ-like interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, skilled in prioritizing tasks and workflow
- Attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Administrative skills, including writing and editing, mastery of church management systems.
- Team player with servant’s heart
- Commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- Administrative assistant or equivalent professional experience.
- Writing skills, reporting skills, supply management, scheduling, organization, time management, presentation skills, travel logistics, verbal communication
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
Contact: Kim Bumgardner
Church/Org/Business Name: Crossroads United Methodist Church
Address: 220 GEORGE W LILES PKWY NW CONCORD 28027
Email: Click to email