The Virginia Conference Staff Accountant is responsible for performing accounting support duties with a heavy emphasis on managing the accounts’ payable function and day-to-day general ledger support. This position works closely with the Conference Treasurer in delivering accurate and timely financial results and will also assist with the implementation of new accounting tools, federal and state payroll tax filings, and annual audit support.
- Maintains all aspects of the general ledger including but not limited to account payable, accounts receivable, cash management and payroll.
- Completes monthly account reconciliations, as assigned.
- Prepares monthly reports and statements on a timely basis.
- Manages expense reimbursement process as assigned.
- Runs daily bank transaction reports, balances cash daily, and prepares deposits.
- Day-to-day support of GL management as directed by Treasurer.
- Collaborates with Treasurer on improving systems to increase efficiency and scalability of accounting function (e.g., accounts payable and expense reimbursement solutions).
- Manage and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare reports and statements.
- Process all transactions following the organizations internal control policies.
- Ensures the proper handling of receipts and deposit of funds in the bank account.
- Ensures journal entries are properly keyed and applicable supporting documentation is attached to transaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years related experience is required.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in account analysis, reconciliation and financial reporting or degree in accounting is required.
- Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel 5% – 10% within the Virginia Conference is required.
- Knowledge of the structure and polity of The United Methodist Church is strongly desired.
The Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 20, 2021
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Tarji Beatty
Address: 10330 Staples Mill Road Glen Allen VA 23060
Email: Click to email