Communications Coordinator - Full time (30-35 hours per week)
Providence United Methodist Church, Charlotte
Position Title: Communications Coordinator - Full time (30-35 hours per week)
Responsible To: Pastor for day-to-day operations. Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
for fulfilling responsibilities defined in the job description, defining goals, evaluation and communication of concerns related to the performance of the position.
Compensation: Salaried position with benefits.
Position Summary: Provides leadership, strategic vision and acts as key communicator voice for our church. A key staff member fully immersed in the programs, ministries, people and culture of Providence United Methodist Church. This includes developing, implementing and executing an omnichannel, story-based communication message which furthers the mission and vision of PUMC.
- Commitment to fulfilling the vision and mission of Providence United Methodist Church (PUMC).
- Creative thinking with a clear understanding of the importance of communication in various forms and media in furthering the vision and mission of the church.
- Warm and hospitable interaction with staff, congregation and the public.
- A servant leader attitude with a cooperative, team spirit.
- Maintenance of confidentiality as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in internet communications and social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Proficiency with regard to website and web hosting programs.
- Familiarity with ACS (Automated Church System) or other similar data base program.
- Self-starter with a willingness to take on new tasks and the ability to multi-task.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Deadline driven punctuality for completing projects and assignments.
- Commitment to excellence with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- In conjunction with the senior pastor, other members of the staff and church lay leadership develop and execute a strategic comprehensive communication plan for PUMC. This involves being creative and proactive to drive the communications of the church and its ministry areas.
- Create, edit and publish weekly on-line newsletter (Providence This Week) with accuracy, proper grammar and in a timely manner, composing engaging stories, creating or posting graphics, and inserting photos.
- Create, edit and publish other on-line communications including videos on a weekly basis and otherwise as directed by the senior pastor or other church staff.
- Create eye-catching slides to be displayed on monitors in the church and on-line prior to worship services.
- Assist with weekly bulletin communications.
- Maintain and regularly produce new content for the website, keeping it current and relevant. If necessary, create church website.
- Manage ongoing social media channel messaging.
- Take photos and/or videos of church events for use in church publications.
- Create posters, brochures, advertising and other print communications as requested for church purposes.
- Produce banners and signs for church ministry areas.
- Help develop and promote a brand identity for PUMC and consistent messaging.
- Develop annual and manage communications budget.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and other meetings as requested.
- Other responsibilities as required by the Senior Pastor.
- Performance of each employee shall be appraised annually or more frequently as deemed necessary.
- The performance evaluation is intended as a means of measuring and enhancing individual effectiveness, fostering development and career growth, determining merit pay increases, and documenting job performance.
- In addition to the regular performance evaluations described above, the supervisor many conduct special performance evaluation at any time to inform an employee of performance or disciplinary issues.
- Compensation is reviewed annually and is based on both performance evaluations and availability of church funds.
Contact: Sue Gorman
Church/Org/Business Name: Providence UMC
Address: 2810 Providence Rd Charlotte 28211
Email: Click to email