Long's Chapel UMC (LCUMC) in Waynesville, NC is hiring a full-time Financial Manager.
Reports to: Executive Director of Operations
Workers Supervised: None
Full Time Employee
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The Financial Manager disburses all money contributed to causes represented in the Long’s Chapel United Methodist Church (LCUMC) budget and other such funds and contributions as the Leadership Team may determine. He/she makes regular and detailed reports to the Finance Committee on funds received and expended.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pay bills for LCUMC, including Child Enrichment Center (CEC) and The Open Door (OD) on a weekly basis and balance cash accounts monthly.
• Pay employees of LCUMC, including CEC, Second Blessing and The Open Door, bi-weekly.
• Remit payroll withholding taxes to state and federal governments on a timely basis.
• Pay sales taxes monthly for The Second Blessing thrift store.
• File bi-annually with the State of North Carolina for any reimbursements on sales taxes paid by LCUMC.
• Prepare reports for all departments that incur revenue and expenses each month.
• Prepare W-2s and W-9s at year-end for all employees.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual budget each year and work with departments in submitting their requests for approval by the Leadership Team.
• Attend meetings of the Finance Committee.
• Assist with HR and Insurance-related items.
• Reconcile all bank accounts held by LCUMC.
• Maintain all required personnel records for each new employee and safe-keep in locked cabinet.
• Safe-keep all minutes of all committee meetings in secured location.
• Pay all VISA bills each month and post each line item to cardholder’s area of ministry.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or high school diploma and/or related work experience in accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Willingness to learn new skills and to accept full responsibility to complete tasks assigned.
• Discretion and confidentiality in all office/church matters.
• Assist public in answering questions concerning the church, job openings, benevolence.
Interrelationships: Interacts with all church employees; interacts with public in answering questions concerning the church, job openings, benevolence, etc.; has contact with church members, boards, committees, vendors.
In the event of absence, job responsibilities will be discussed with immediate supervisor and redirected to other appropriate staff.
The above job description reflects the major qualifications and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be a detailed description of all work requirements/duties that may be inherent in the job nor shall it be construed a giving exclusive title to every function it describes.
Contact: Torry Pinter
Church/Org/Business Name: Long's Chapel UMC
Address: 133 Old Clyde Road Waynesville NC 28785