Director of Children's Ministry - Full Time
Huntersville United Methodist Church is seeking a full time Director of Children's Ministry.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor for day to day operations, Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) for fulfilling responsibilities defined in the job description, defining goals, evaluation and communication of concerns related to the performance of the position.
Provides leadership and vision for children’s ministry programming development, coordination, implementation and direction, to staff and volunteers, who are committed to shepherding children, birth through fifth grade. Provides discipleship essentials for families. Provides a process for becoming a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ who is able to disciple others.
- Strong Christian faith and a commitment to sharing the Good News.
- An appreciation of the United Methodist Church: its policy and theological tradition.
- Work as a part of a strong leadership team.
- Self-starter and initiator.
- Understands and is committed to the vision / mission / and core values of Huntersville UMC.
- Plan, create, implement, and assess Christian (Methodist) education and programming for children from birth through 5th grade in the following areas: Sunday School, Nursery/Childcare, Moments with Children, Church, and other seasonal / special events.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with current and new families, particularly through participation in special church and community events.
- Engage the community by providing outreach programs that engage the community.
- Research and order appropriate curriculum needed to support all children’s programs. Store and catalogue existing curriculum that can be used at other times.
- Provide an adequate number of trained staff, volunteers and resources to carry out planned programs.
- Ensure Safe Sanctuary Policies are followed in all programs and events involving children of the church ALWAYS!
- Ensure with the church’s Administrative Assistant that background checks have been completed for all volunteers.
- Maintain communication with all volunteers and be available to address parent or teacher questions, concerns, and suggestions.
- Develop children in their Christian spiritual and social development.
- Coordinate with the church leadership team by attending weekly staff meetings.
- Communicate Children’s Ministry praises and concerns frequently with the pastor, Leadership Team, and the congregation. Be an advocate for Children within all areas of HUMC.
- Develop a Children’s Ministry strategic plan that supports the mission and vision of HUMC.
- Meet with the Children's Council Committee on a regular basis and submit church council reports.
- Participate in the preparation and development of the budget for the Children’s Ministry.
- Maintain updated content on the church website and/or social media with children’s programming and events.
- 5 years of experience in education, child development, and children’s ministry
- Proven ability to relate to children and ability to teach them about Christ
- Spiritual maturity
- A sense of call and a passion for working with children
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Proven ability to work flexibly with children, parents, volunteers, and other team members
- Good organization, communication, teaching, administration and computer skills
- An understanding of child development
Job Type: Full-time
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Tabitha Sarver
Church/Org/Business Name: Huntersville United Methodist Church
Address: 14005 Stumptown Road Huntersville 28078
Email: Click to email