The Production Director is responsible for the excellent production of live stream worship, church social media, the church website, audio and video and digital media, including digital print media. The Production Director is hired by and accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), and is directly supervised by the Senior Pastor. This is a part-time position of twelve months. This position works with the church staff & congregation members so that First United Methodist Church can “make and nurture Christian disciples through the presence and power of God,” as our mission statement puts it.
- Oversee and run live-stream broadcasts
- Every Sunday, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- For funerals and weddings as needed
- Special church events on the church calendar (e.g., Easter, Christmas, Vacation Bible School and Camp Discovery promotions).
- Running the livestream software, including filming and editing video segments
- Preparing video overlays with Scripture, hymns and songs, and titles in the video of the live stream worship
- Manage the resources and volunteers to provide the digital, video and audio capabilities needed for the mission of First UMC, including recruitment, training, scheduling and supervision of volunteers for this ministry
- Make video production look professional
- Connect the livestream to social media platforms
- Produce videos and other media to promote the mission and activities of the church on social media platforms that creatively tell the Gospel of Jesus Christ through testimonials, sermon clips, and promotional materials. This includes filming, editing, & distribution.
- Be the liaison for troubleshooting technology needs and working with Walser Technology and Event Resource Group
- Maintains all the equipment including software programs necessary for all phases of the production of live stream worship, creation of digital print media, video clips for insertion on Internet platforms; will oversee upgrades as needed
- Help with other church communications as needs arise
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Director of Music for worship planning and implementation
- Be open to receiving feedback from the Senior Pastor & SPRC, including performing other duties as needed.
- Participate in annual job performance review coordinated through the SPRC, including the establishment and evaluation of annual goals
- Committed to the mission and vision of First United Methodist Church of Salisbury
- Dedication to working on a ministry team with others
- Demonstrated experience in production of live steaming video, creation and maintenance of social media sites (including the church website), insertion of live production into social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook
- Good familiarity with various software products that facilitate professional and creative digital and video products
- Ability to train and manage a team of volunteers to assist in producing the live stream component of worship and in creation of digital products for church publications
Contact: Tom Disseler
Church/Org/Business Name: First United Methodist Church
Address: 217 South Church Street Salisbury NC 28144
Email: Click to email