The Ministry Assistant is hired by and accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), and is directly supervised by the Senior Pastor. This is a part-time position of twelve months. This position works with the church staff & congregation members so that First United Methodist Church can “make and nurture Christian disciples through the presence and power of God,” as our mission statement puts it.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Weekly Schedule
- 10-15 hours in the office (including Tuesday mornings)
- 5-10 hours from home
- Not Sunday mornings
- Recruit and coordinate church members to serve on ministry teams and in specific roles
- Coordinate front door volunteers & delegate tasks to them
- Connect visitors with ministries
- Follow up with new members
- Communicate clearly with church members about ways to serve and why their part is valuable.
- Keep regular communication with ministry leaders
- Help plan and run large events.
- Help coordinate and design church communications, including social media, church website, eblasts and texts
- Be open to receiving feedback from the Senior Pastor & SPRC, including performing other duties as needed.
- Participate in annual job performance review coordinated through the SPRC, including the establishment and evaluation of annual goals
- Committed to the mission and vision of First United Methodist Church of Salisbury
- Dedication to working on a ministry team with others
- Demonstrated experience in accomplishing tasks & excellence in communications
- Ability to train and manage teams of volunteers
Contact: Tom Disseler
Church/Org/Business Name: First United Methodist Church
Address: 217 South Church Street Salisbury 28144
Email: Click to email