Church Business Manager/Administrator
First United Methodist Church in Belmont, NC has a staff opening for a Church Business Manager/Administrator. This staff person works in partnership with the Senior Pastor, other staff and laity of the congregation to provide administrative oversight and management of the congregation’s finances, membership records, and office/ facility operations in service of our mission to “be more like Jesus Christ for our community and beyond.” First UMC is a 600 member church located in a rapidly growing town near Charlotte, NC. We are thriving as we offer the good news of Christ and serve our community.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have experience in and strong working knowledge of business, accounting, finance or other relevant discipline and experience in business management.
- A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith. The ability to model faithfully the core values of our congregation: joy, generosity, care and compassion, a focus on relationships and active, curious faith.
- The ability to relate compassionately with all persons whom the Church serves.
- Accounting experience, including accounts receivable and payable, budgeting, payroll, and contribution record-keeping.
- Proficiency in computer software programs, including MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, and preferably, experience using Power Church or other church management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility in accepting additional responsibilities.
Contact: George Ragsdale
Church/Org/Business Name: First United Methodist Church of Belmont
Address: 807 South Point Road Belmont NC 28012
Email: Click to email