Member Services Representative
Who We Are
WORLD produces sound journalism, grounded in facts and biblical truth. Through print magazines, online articles, and podcast programs, our trained journalists report on current events both global and national so that readers and listeners can see how God is at work in the world, no matter the headlines.
Who We Serve
WORLD readers and listeners are made up of thoughtful believers who aim to competently talk about and pray about the news. They can think for themselves and prefer to draw their own conclusions. They want the truth, and they understand that the truth demands a biblical context, or it’s not the whole truth. News delivered this way compels them to act. Led by the Spirit, they are often emboldened to pray, love, and serve others in light of what they learn.
WORLD News Group, a news organization with a Christian worldview, is seeking a hard-working, organized, mindful, detail-oriented, and courteous person to play a key role as a customer service representative. This position handles high call volume and requires excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, working both independently and within-group dynamics. This position also includes database entry and management of customer information - fast and accurate data entry is critical. Additional skills include proficiency in typing, grammar, Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
A full-time Member Services Representative who will serve our current, past, and prospective members with exceptional customer service. Dedicated to serving our members, co-workers and supporting our mission. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable on the phone, as the majority of the day is spent answering inbound calls and making outbound calls. Qualified candidates need to be able to communicate warmly and effectively by phone, email, and live-chat.
- Full-time position.
- 40 hours per week
- Monday – Friday
- 10:30am - 7:00pm
- Answer inbound calls and provide sound solutions.
- Making outbound calls daily to current & recently expired members.
- Assist members with renewing memberships/submitting payments online.
- Process orders and payments received by phone and mail.
- Assist members with setting up their digital access to the website.
- Troubleshoot any tech-related issues a member is experiencing with the website.
- Respond to emails from members regarding general questions, requests for information, and/or assistance.
- Responding efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Operate the live-chat function available to members via our website.
- Ability to warmly and easily engage with members and coworkers & build lasting relationships based on trust & reliability.
- Ability to ask prying questions and deescalate tense situations.
- Document and update account information.
- Develop & maintain a knowledge base of products, protocols, and services.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Manage/Navigate multiple systems, programs, and screens simultaneously.
- Understanding and striving to meet goals.
- Knowledgeable of and able to navigate Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence via email or messages to both members and other staff.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high call volume environment.
- Able to be a team player in a department where co-workers are highly interdependent.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Above-average typing speed.
- Flexibility of tasks/schedule changes.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and solid management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high standard of work output.
- Able to receive direction, feedback & guidance.
- Polished and professional demeanor.
- Minimum of 2 years of Administrative Support work
Pay: $14.00+ /hr DOE.
Contact: Member Services Manager
Church/Org/Business Name: WORLD News Group
Address: 12 All Souls Crescent Asheville NC 28802
Email: Click to email