Lewisville United Methodist Church is looking for a part time Worship Leader, for its contemporary worship service, to model and lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points to Jesus Christ. The Worship Leader will work closely with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and the Director of Music in developing a new contemporary worship service format. This person will lead, resource, develop and implement a dynamic music program for the contemporary service.
Responsibilities include the following:
- In consultation with the Pastors, incorporate music consistent with the theme of the worship service and the Christian seasons.
- Participate in the worship service as a singer and instrumentalist.
- Lead and hold regular rehearsals with the Praise Band in preparation for Sunday and to cultivate a Christ-centered community.
- Help to identify musical talent and recruit singers and musicians in to serve as part of the Praise Band.
- Be continuously on the lookout for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
- Coordinate and communicate the program schedule in a timely manner.
- Develop, compile and coordinate projected images for worship services.
- Provide a music budget request yearly that reflects growth and needs of the program.
- Experience in leading contemporary worship
- Strong musical abilities, both performing and teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Experience in coordinating projects and managing volunteers
- Capacity to encourage and motivate others
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Good computer and technology skills
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Self-educator, able to learn new equipment/software
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Contact: John Morris
Church/Org/Business Name: Lewisville United Methodist Church
Address: 6290 Shallowford Road Lewisville NC 27023
Email: Click to email