Director of Music for Traditional Worship
Rehobeth UMC in Greensboro is seeking a part-time Director of Music for Traditional Worship. Rehobeth has two Sunday morning worship services: Contemporary at 9am and Traditional at 11am. Working closely with the pastor(s), the Director of Music for Traditional Worship, will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Rehobeth United Methodist Church’s traditional worship, including music and worship arts, as well as music with children during both service times. The full job description is included below.
For more information or to apply, submit a cover letter and resume with references to Rev. Nikki Baten at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-292-3360.
Leadership and management
- Working closely with pastor(s), ensures ongoing programmatic excellence in music and worship arts for traditional worship services
- Leads, coaches, and develops members of traditional worship committees and choirs (including worship planning, choir practices and retreats)
- Senses the movement of God within the worship community and responds accordingly
- Demonstrates passion, idealism, and integrity in all matters
- Works with director of children’s ministries and other leaders to provide music programming for children
- Communicates regularly with the Senior Pastor and participates as an active member of the staff team
- Demonstrates consistent and exemplary technical skills on organ and piano
- Demonstrates ability to teach music to volunteer participants (e.g. music theory, hymnody, cantatas, special performances)
- Leverages available talent to extract maximum value for traditional worship experience
- Coaches and leads vocalists and musicians
- Demonstrates sensitivity to thematic elements (sermon) and the liturgical Christian year in the selection of complementary music
- Elicits buy-in from persons who are internal and external to the church
- Evaluates effectiveness of worship experience
- Work toward the engagement of children and youth in worship
The Director of Music for Traditional Worship will be thoroughly committed to the mission of Rehobeth United Methodist Church. The Director will have leadership, coaching and relationship management experience in addition to demonstrated musical skills.
It is a salaried position, although It is expected to require approximately 15-20 hours per week, less in summer and more at special music times of the year.
Contact: Rev. Nikki Baten
Church/Org/Business Name: Rehobeth UMC
Address: 4475 Rehobeth Church Rd Greensboro NC 27406
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view