Director of Youth Ministries
St. John’s is a large, friendly, welcoming United Methodist Church in downtown Rock Hill, SC. St. We strive to be a place where church and community meet and all people are welcome. Missions, community involvement, and ministry with children and youth are high priorities in our church. Rock Hill is a growing city, known for unique restaurants, a vibrant art scene, street festivals, and plenty of history. Located just south of Charlotte, NC, Rock Hill is halfway between the mountains and the beach, so weekend getaways and the benefits of a large metropolitan area create the perfect blend of recreational activities.
The Director of Youth Ministries ensures that various youth and college-age programs and opportunities for discipleship are developed and implemented for youth ages sixth grade through college. This person is accountable for the development of ministry programming that continues to nurture a spiritual foundation for youth that carries them into adulthood.
Major accountabilities/job functions include:
- Coordinate, oversee, and develop youth programs to include weekday and Sunday programs
- Identify and execute ministry and mission opportunities for youth to participate in, including retreats, mission trips, and local service projects
- Coordinate, oversee, and develop collegiate programs
- Liaison for all youth program ministries
- The Director of Youth Ministries must be affirming of youth from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job-related work experience (preferably in Education or Christian Education/Ministry) Seminary Education is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge, e.g. Microsoft Office, the Google Suite
- Strong team-building skills, work well with diverse groups of people
Contact: Ida Newsom
Church/Org/Business Name: St John's UMC
Address: 321 S. Oakland Avenue Rock Hill SC 29730
Email: Click to email