Director of Music Ministry
Central United Methodist Church in Monroe NC is seeking a Director of Music Ministry. Primary responsibilities include the direction, planning, and implementation of the music program in alignment with Central UMC’s Vision to CONNECT WITH GOD, CONNECT WITH EACH OTHER, AND CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY.
Education and Training: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Master’s preferred (but not required), demonstrated musical talent, both vocal and instrumental (including the Casavant organ), strength in conducting, ability to positively communicate with staff and volunteers, organizational skills, ability to provide music in a digital format for on-line services and vision to grow the music ministry of the church. Knowledge and Commitment to support United Methodist Theology and Polity.
The following skills shall be well developed and demonstrated effectiveness is essential -
Interpersonal relationships (staff, congregation, community), written and oral communications, task organization, computer and software proficiency, office equipment, and the propensity to work in a Christian environment.
Five years experience as a professional music director in a thriving congregation or musical program
Responsibilities:• Plan, rehearse, and direct weekly Chancel Choir, Praise Band, Trinity, and Handbell Choir
• Plan, rehearse, and direct Central Brass (with participation in 11:00 Traditional Service and other services and events)
• Plan, rehearse and direct special music
• Oversee Celebration Singers Children’s Choir and other musical ensembles
• Arrange for supplemental music
• Provide music at weddings and funerals
• Direct Community Chorus with Union County Symphony in December
• Direct Central Festival Choir - Lenten Services, Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday, Easter, Annual Lessons and Carols Service, and Christmas Eve Service
• Schedule and prepare soloists and small music groups
• Arrange organ, piano, and handbell maintenance
• Other assigned tasks that would support the music ministry’s efforts and/or fulfill the church’s mission statement
Please send resumes and inquires to email@example.com.
Contact: Liv Brown
Church/Org/Business Name: Central United Methodist
Address: 801 S Hayne St Monroe 28112
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view