Accounting Support Specialist
This full-time position is responsible for general support of the Financial Services Department and day-to-day accounting operations. As this person will be privy to very sensitive information, the highest level of confidentiality is expected/required.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- General bookkeeping and related data entry including deposits, disbursements, client account maintenance, and various tasks relating to investment fund management
- Office telephone coverage and answering clients’ basic questions concerning accounts, including account balances, annual distributions, deposits/withdrawals, etc.
- Assisting with the processing of daily incoming and outgoing mail
- Preparing client acknowledgement letters and client disbursement letters
- Compiling and preparing reports and presentations for client meetings
- Scanning and related maintenance of historical records
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Services
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of prior related work experience
- Proficient computer and software skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Experience and proficiency with paperless workflow systems
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on projects to completion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with trust accounting software such as FIS Sungard
- Prior experience and/or direct knowledge of church ministries or similar 501(c)(3)s
- Demonstrated passion for nonprofit work
Work regularly scheduled hours of operation for the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina and as needed to complete responsibilities pertaining to the position. Support the mission of the United Methodist Foundation to build the Church for generations to come. Abide by the guidelines of the UMF Employee Handbook as approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
To apply, email the following application packet to Suzanne Atkins at email@example.com:
- Cover letter and resume
- Three professional references
Contact: Suzanne Atkins
Church/Org/Business Name: United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina, Inc.
Address: 13816 Professional Center Dr Suite 100 Huntersville NC 28078
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view