Benefits / Human Resources Manager
The East Ohio Conference (Conference) of The United Methodist Church is actively seeking a Benefits / Human Resources (HR) Manager that will be responsible for managing specific HR functional area(s) to ensure alignment with strategies and objectives. This role will be responsible for assisting in the administration of the benefit plans for employees and retirees of the Conference, as well as will be responsible for coordinating logistics for benefits annual enrollment. The Benefits / HR Manager will also oversee the HR functions for the Conference employees, including, but not limited to, talent acquisition and selection, compensation, employee/labor relations, policy and procedure updates, training, performance management, and diversity.
Reports To: Director, Financial & Administrative Services of the East Ohio Conference
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting with the work performed by vendors to ensure the best and most cost effective medical, dental, life, and disability insurance benefits are provided to Conference participants and retirees.
• Work with vendors and Third-Party Administrators to understand trends and patterns necessary to promote and support the Conference’s strategic initiatives and comply with budgetary requirements.
• Responsible for coordinating benefits processing for enrollments, terminations, and changes.
• Oversee and facilitate the Open Enrollment process, including updating of payment methods, entering enrollment information in the HR system and preparation of enrollment files.
• Work with benefit consultants to distribute all annual compliance documents to plan participants. Stay abreast of compliance issues as pertains to the Affordable Care Act.
• Responsible for responding to benefit and eligibility inquiries from Conference employees, clergy, and retirees. Meet with new employees to provide an overview of the benefits program, answer questions and provide ongoing support.
• Oversee the recruitment and selection process for Conference employees.
• Responsible for providing strategic Human Resources support regarding compensation, performance management, employee relations, communication and compliance.
• Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of practices, policies, and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field required. Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field is preferred.
• Three to Five years of Employee Benefits experience is required. Additional Human Resources Generalist experience is strongly preferred.
• Two to three years previous experience in supervisory position, preferred.
• Basic Accounting skills are required.
• Knowledge of both HR and Benefits regulations (EEOC, FMLA, ASA, Health Care Reform, etc.) is required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn United Methodist denominational polity and organizational structure essential.
• Local travel required.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: October 23, 2020
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Cianta Hogan
Church/Org/Business Name: East Ohio Conference of United Methodist Church
Address: 8800 Cleveland Ave NW North Canton 44720
Email: Click to email