Administrative Assistant for Two-Point Charge
- 20 hours weekly
- Regular office hours (Monday--Thursday, 9 to 2)
- Administrative Experience (2+ years)
- Knowledge/experience of United Methodist administrative responsibilities
- Use and knowledge of office Software: Word, Excel,
- Experience with social media, specifically FaceBook and website enhancement
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a key public presence, face and voice of the churches
- Respond professionally and compassionately to public—persons from community, persons seeking help/assistance, church members dropping by office, etc.
- Manage office phone: Answer phone when in office; Respond to phone messages in a timely manner; Post and send appropriate messages via Phone Tree
- Order supplies and materials
- Produce, print, fold weekly bulletins
- Support administrative and communication needs of the pastor
- Compile and File annual charge conference reports and statistical reports
- Receive report from “counters” of Sunday offerings and gifts
- Record collection totals and individual gifts
- Prepare semi-yearly giving statements; notification, documentation of tax- deductible gifts
- Report weekly attendance as per WNC Conference and requirements
- Maintain membership records: baptisms, new members, deaths, etc.
- Attend monthly Church Council meetings as negoiated
- Liaison with auditor, church treasurer and Chair of Finance as needed
Note: Position pays $15.00/hour; no benefits.
Reports to the Pastor and Chair, Pastor-Parish Relations Committee
Send Resume with two (2) letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Robin Seders, 7126 Company Mill Rd, Climax, NC 27233, by September 30.
Contact: Robin Seders
Church/Org/Business Name: Moriah/Holmes Grove UM Charge
Address: 3611 Liberty Road Greensboro 27406
Email: Click to email