Part-time Church Treasurer
BETHEL United Methodist CHURCH
2130 Bethel Methodist Church Lane
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
- 5-7 hours weekly
- Regular office hours (examples: 1 day/week, 9-1; 2 days/week 9-11:30 or 1-3:30; specific days and times maybe negotiated)
- Accounting Experience (2+ years) (Church Finances Preferred)
- Knowledge/experience of United Methodist financial record-keeping a plus
- Use and knowledge of office software: Word, Excel, Quick Books or other appropriate accounting software
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond professionally and compassionately to church members dropping by office, etc.
- Receive weekly report from Administrative Assistant/Financial Recording Secretary, including receipts and requests for payment, bills, etc.
- Manage financial processes including:
- Payroll including payment schedule and taxes
- Payment of bills
- Financial reports for Church Council and Annual Conference
- Complete annual charge conference reports and statistical reports related to Finance in cooperation with Financial Recording Secretary and Chair of Finance
- Liaison with auditor, Administrative Assistant/Financial Recording Secretary, and Chair of Finance as needed
- Attend monthly Church Council meetings on 2nd Sundays, and give written treasurer’s report on all funds
Note: Position pays $14.00/hour; no benefits.
Reports to the Pastor and Chair, Pastor-Parish Relations Committee
Send Resume with three (3) letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Janet Groseclose, 450 Everidge Rd., Winston-Salem, NC 27103 by September 10.
Please mark: ATTN: Janet Groseclose, Chair, Pastor Parish-Relations Committee.
Contact: Janet Groseclose, Pastor Parish Relations Chair
Church/Org/Business Name: Bethel United Methodist
Address: 2130 Bethel Methodist Church Lane Winston-Salem NC 27103
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view