Chief Financial Officer
NORTH TEXAS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides excellence in the organization, planning, interpretation, training, resourcing for the Conference Churches and Organizations, and implementation of the fiscal matters of the Conference in careful consultation with the Bishop, CFA and the Leadership Team. Responsible for providing leadership for the Center for Connectional Resources, whose goals are to leverage Conference resources effectively, provide services efficiently, and communicate openly and transparently in support of the mission of the Church. The CFO oversees and manages the financial and administrative services of the Conference; clergy pensions; health Insurance for clergy and laity; Conference-wide property and liability insurance, and property matters. The ultimate goal of this position is to foster and support the ministry of the Conference. Through creative and innovative fiscal management and collaborative efforts with other staff and volunteers, resources shall be applied for the benefit of the various mission and ministry goals established by the Conference.
- Performs all treasury responsibilities in accordance with The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church. Receives and disburses, remittances from local church treasurers for all duly authorized general, jurisdictional, annual conference, and district causes.
- Prepares and/or reviews, distributes, and interprets accurate and timely month-end and year-end reports for all Conference boards and agencies, local churches, and other related parties as may be required.
- Converts financial information into actionable plans and communicate results throughout the organization. Identifies and drives opportunities related to growth, operating efficiencies, revenue maximization and cost mitigation.
- Responsible for the Conference Benefits, in regard to, but not limited to, the establishment of Benefit Plans, Wespath relationships, and billing and reporting of benefit obligations for local churches.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Develops an ongoing positive relationship with all Conference center staff with particular emphasis on accounting related positions.
- Participation as an ex-officio member on committees.
- Participation in general and jurisdictional associations.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting required, or comparable proven skills in a finance position. Master’s degree (M.A.) or CPA designation preferred.
- Five to Seven years’ experience in hands-on accounting, including all aspects from initial entry through financial statements.
- Five to Seven years’ supervisor experience, with previous management experience supervising professional staff of diversity.
- Working knowledge of benefits and insurance are preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer-based networks and financial software packages, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and specialized accounting applications software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of non-profit governance, management, accounting, financial planning and business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to present information individually, in small groups or in large sessions to clergy, lay delegates, and retirees.
- Deep knowledge of, and commitment to, the United Methodist Church and how it functions at the local church, district, conference and general church levels is strongly preferred.
- Ability to contribute positively as part of a worship community and to support the Discipline of The United Methodist Church as well as the policies of the North Texas Annual Conference.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the North Texas Annual Conference, as well as nationally for connectional events and training. Expected to work weekends and evening, as needed.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: September 14, 2020
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Cianta Hogan
Church/Org/Business Name: GCFA
Address: 1 Music Circle N Nashville 37203
Email: Click to email