Part-time Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant shall facilitate and organize the administrative daily activities of the church by providing administrative support to the church staff, congregation, boards and committees of Lewisville United Methodist Church. This position requires a skilled administrative professional who is an excellent communicator and collaborator, highly organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable and experienced in general office operations, proficient with computer systems, software and office machines. This person shall also possess a welcoming and hospitable demeanor. This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee. It is part-time at 20 hours per week.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for staff and church committees.
- Be responsive, supportive and provide information to needs of inquiries from members, visitors and vendors.
- Communicate all pastoral concerns immediately to the Pastors.
- Prepare bulletins and newsletters with input from other staff, committees and Pastors.
- Prepare and maintain the Prayer list.
- Work with the Communications Specialist in keeping the congregation informed with announcements and events.
- Purchase and maintain office supplies and place orders for committees as needed.
- Handle all postal needs including sorting of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain accurate record keeping, including visitor roster, the membership database and related reports and directories using the church software (PowerChurch).
- Record weekly contributions and offerings in PowerChurch and generate reports for the Finance Committee.
- Keep a current supply of all forms needed for various functions of the church.
- Coordinate the church calendars online for meetings, flower orders, bus usage.
- Work with florist by identifying different needs for services and events.
- Coordinate with Treasurer items such as Petty Cash, receipts, proper assignment of budget numbers, federal tax deposits to bank and authorizations for payments as needed.
- Attend Administrative Board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years office experience.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and exemplary grammar and spelling.
- Must be highly detailed and organized.
- A motivated self-starter with strong time-management abilities. Able to work quickly and independently, handling multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to take both initiative and direction and to work enthusiastically with other as part of a team effort.
Contact: Elise Ward
Church/Org/Business Name: Lewisville United Methodist Chuch
Address: 6290 Shallowford Rd. Lewisville 27023
Email: Click to email