Full-Time Director of Worship and Youth Ministries
Light of Christ United Methodist Church is a contemporary and vibrant 20 year old congregation of 300+ members, in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are inclusive of all people, invitational, and actively involved in service. Our vision is to be a church "where the hurting find help, and the questioning find faith".
Light of Christ is seeking a Full-Time Director of Worship and Youth Ministries. Despite this season of social distancing due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our search is active and we invite gifted individuals to pray and apply. To lead these essential ministries, skill with recruiting, leading, and empowering teams of volunteers is key. Collaboration with Worship Ministry and Youth Ministry volunteers, youth parents, and middle and high school students is necessary to ensure congregational ownership and vital to growing ministries. Expertise with media, video, associated software and copyright laws and guidelines is critical.
This is a full-time, salaried position, with the salary starting at $40,000, commensurate with education and experience. Interested applicants should provide the following information to email@example.com by April 30, 2020:
- Cover letter
- Resume reflecting your educational and professional experience
- Video response to the following questions (No longer than five minutes):
- Please describe how you were called to Worship Ministry and what the most important aspects of this ministry are for you.
- Please describe your interactions with both middle school and high school youth and why you are a good candidate to lead youth in today's world.
- Link to a video of you leading worship
- Link to the website of the church where you are currently serving or recently served
Contact: Susan Shepherd
Church/Org/Business Name: Light of Christ United Methodist Church
Address: 9106 Bryant Farms Road Charlotte 28277
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view