Part Time Youth Director
PART-TIME YOUTH DIRECTOR
Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church of Concord, NC
Purpose: Encourage, instruct and inspire young people to grow and mature with the guidance of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Assist an ongoing UMC joint youth program which currently serves youth of three local churches. The Director is under the supervision of the Pastor within the authority of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Assist with leading a weekly joint youth meeting plus special scheduled activities throughout the year (spring/fall/summer retreats).
- Assist with building a youth/parent team leadership council.
- Help to coordinate and schedule events for the joint youth calendar.
- Plan and lead a small group Bible study/fellowship for Mt. Olivet-based youth that meets a different night of the week than the joint youth group.
- Maintain contact and build fellowship/relationships with college-age youth of Mt. Olivet UMC.
- Support pastoral care when needed by a youth of the church.
- Assist in facilitating fundraising activities by joint youth group.
- Attend relevant church meetings.
- Communicate upcoming events and opportunities available for youth to Mt. Olivet UMC congregation.
- (Optional) Possible opportunities to offer sermon periodically if the right person has the interest and training.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, negotiated at the time an offer is made.
Pay Period: Bi-monthly
Submit resume to SPRC, c/o Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mount Olivet Rd, Concord, NC 28025 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position in the subject.
Contact: Staff Parish Relations Committee
Church/Org/Business Name: Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church
Address: 301 Mount Olivet Rd Concord NC 28027
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view