Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
Lewisville United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries that is passionate and called to ministry with youth, young adults and their families. Leading by example, and always relying on the power of God’s Word, this person will lead our middle school and senior high youth on their own personal journeys of faith. As Director of Youth Ministries, this person will develop quality and caring Christian relationships with our youth, their families, and our college students by actively engaging in their lives. Natural leadership and the ability to energize others is vital. This person will lead volunteers and staff in new directions for discipleship and outreach.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Establish meaningful personal relationships with the young people in the congregation and community by investing in their lives, such as breakfast meetings, attending lunch at the area schools and attending their extracurricular activities (i.e.: sporting events, concerts, school plays, and awards ceremonies).
- Plan, implement, and attend weekly activities for the youth during the school year that include Bible study, worship, fellowship and fun! The activities need to be relevant and effective in instructing, training, nurturing, and equipping youth for leading a Spirit-filled life of faith and forging deep Christian friendships.
- Provide hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth to learn how to live out their faith in helping meet the needs of others.
- Plan, implement, and attend special summer events such as concerts, retreats, and Dash games.
- Plan, organize, and attend youth camps and/or conferences.
- Regularly attend the youth Sunday school classes and teach as needed.
- Assist the Pastors in the teaching of the Confirmation class as needed.
- Recruit and develop adults within the congregation to serve as committed mentors and leaders.
- Work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for input and feedback.
- Work alongside other church staff members as a team player, attending staff meetings, and sharing in the vision and ministry.
- Attend at least one Sunday morning worship service.
- Be involved in Graduation Sunday by planning ways to honor graduates of both high school and college.
- Prepare reports, financial budget requests, yearly goals and other information related to area of responsibility.
- Support and assist in the implementation of the Safe Sanctuary Policy as it is related to your area.
- Provide information to the Administrative Board, Council on Ministries and Education Committee meetings and provide input.
- Working knowledge of UMC and leadership skills with youth and young adults.
- Positive and personal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Use of technology and social media.
Contact: Elise Ward
Church/Org/Business Name: Lewisville United Methodist Church
Address: 6290 Shallowford Rd. Lewisville NC 27023
Email: Click to email