Director of Ministries of Children, Youth & Adults
We are a faith filled church with a heart for nurture and missions in a quickly growing area north of Charlotte.
The Director of Ministries of Children, Youth & Adults will oversee and implement all aspects of Christian education and programming with an emphasis on Children, Youth & Senior Adults.
To work with pastor, church leadership, and volunteers to create and revitalize Rehobeth United Methodist Church ministries. Specifically:
- To lead families with children to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- To provide staff leadership for educational ministries as it relates to our congregation.
- The Director of Ministries of Children, Youth & Adults will collaborate with the Children’s Council, Youth Council, Family Life Council and Pastor to provide consistent leadership and direction to the overall Christian education program, and to design and implement effective and sustainable transitions from one program level to the next.
- To plan, attend, recruit volunteers, and implement the weekly activities and programming including Sunday School and Children’s Church.
- To create a safe, welcoming environment and maintain Safe Sanctuary policies.
- To participate in planning and implementing summer children’s and youth activities including mission trips and VBS.
- To continue the existing Kidz Connection and quarterly service/mission/outreach projects.
- To meet with pastor and staff weekly to develop strong working relationships. To communicate with parents, staff, church leadership, church membership for the purposes of informing and equipping.
A deep and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Knowledge of Scripture and gifted in teaching.
An authentic love for all of God’s children, young and old, and a particular call to work with preteens and children. Good organizational and communication skills — phone, writing, internet, website, social media, texting, and email. Entrepreneurial leadership, self-motivated, and a servant’s heart. Degree and experience (preferred) related to children and youth ministry. A background check is required for this position.
Fair and competitive pay based on education and experience. Approximately 30 hours/week to start with plenty of possibility for growth within this position.
Contact: Michael Rich
Church/Org/Business Name: Rehobeth United Methodist Church
Address: .O. Box 356 Terrell NC 28682
Email: Click to email