Administrative Assistant-Music and Worship Arts Ministry
MATTHEWS UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Administrative Assistant – Music & Worship Arts Ministry
Non-Exempt Full Time Position (30 Hours per Week)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform various clerical, record-keeping and administrative tasks that support the Music & Worship Arts Ministry operations. Assists in various music ministry projects. Assists in creating an atmosphere in the department that is positive and spirit-filled. Provide administrative support to the Director and Music & Worship Arts team as required and requested. Coordinate, collaborate, and provide support in the communication efforts of the ministry through email, newsletters, flyers, and other means so that the mission of Reach, Teach, Praise, and Serve will be fulfilled.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Music & Worship Arts Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Within the scope of the responsibilities, duties, and accountabilities outlined in this job description, the Administrative Assistant (the “AA”) may, on occasion as directed by the Music & Worship Arts Director, supervise volunteer staff. The AA is expected to work autonomously/independently, help foster a “can-do” atmosphere, exercise mature and sound judgment to yield desired results.
Education: High school diploma, 2 years of college in administrative or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in an administrative position.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Publisher. Strong computer literacy is essential.
Skills: Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills with attentiveness to details.
Knowledge: General knowledge of music and worship. It is helpful to know United Methodist Church culture and polity.
- Responsible for worship preparation, including, but not limited to bulletins (printed & online), worship leader guides, sermon & scripture screens for sanctuary services, lay reader coordination, various worship-related scripts for clergy, baptism certificates, etc.
- Implement procedures and processes necessary for efficient operation of the Music & Worship Arts Ministry team.
- Maintain files/records in an accurate and timely manner for all office functions, Music & Worship Arts ministry participants, event planning, and correspondence.
- Support meetings and rehearsals for the department, including making facility reservations, notifying attendees, preparation of materials and taking minutes, if appropriate.
- Provide oversight as requested for acquired licensing (CCLI, CVLI, ASCAP, BMI, etc.) of the department; assist the department in following appropriate guidelines; ensure procedures are followed, approvals are in order and related documents are filed properly; utilize resources and supplies in a prudent manner.
- Process and track department expenditures with approval from the Music & Worship Arts Director, keeping track of credit card limits and organizing budget purchases.
- Assist in miscellaneous research initiatives as directed.
- Act as a liaison for the department with the music ministry participants, including receiving and processing requests for information and/or services.
- Update Music & Worship Arts Ministry-related information on the church website, as necessary.
- Support Music & Worship Arts Ministry team members through various tasks, including but not limited to updating various choir rosters, tracking weekly attendance, preparing concert programs, supporting Music & Arts camp director with camp-related efforts, etc.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
At Will; Regular; Fulltime; 30 hours per week.
Performance will be formally reviewed annually. The review of this job description will be a part of the annual performance review.
MISCELLANEOUS: This job description will be reviewed annually.
Contact: Craig Estep
Church/Org/Business Name: Matthews United Methodist Church
Address: 801 S Trade Street Matthews NC 28105
Email: Click to email