Praise Team Director
General Job Description
Provide oversight, spiritual leadership and creative support to the music and media of the Praise Service. This person will lead the worship service, guide the praise team, create media presentations and recruit musical volunteers in order to present a high quality and energetic worship experience each week. This is a position that requires someone with a passion for music and a heart for Jesus Christ.
Essential Job Functions:
- Vocally lead worship while also directing praise band. Lead the service with love, energy, imagination, and spiritual maturity to inspire congregational participation.
- Plan and implement music and media to create a weekly order of worship which coordinates with scriptures & themes planned by the pastors.
- Create weekly media presentations in projection software.
- Participate in monthly worship planning sessions.
- Oversee scheduling, coordination, and recruitment of praise band and media team.
- Coordinate weekly rehearsals.
- Participate in overall music program of the church by involvement and attendance at the Traditional Service & by collaborating with Director of Music for special services.
- Create spiritually healthy culture.
- Ability to vocally lead worship while also directing praise band.
- Skilled in the use of technology for the worship service.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Christian contemporary musical styles and trends.
- Knowledge of copyright laws related to music and media.
- Ability to lead in terms of interpersonal skills, organization, and planning.
- Supervisor: Sr. Pastor in consultation with Human Relations Team of Church Council
Contact: Bev Underwood
Church/Org/Business Name: First Newton UMC
Address: 300 N. Main Avenue Newton NC 28658
Email: Click to email