Musician for the Chancel Choir at Epworth United Methodist Church
Duties: Musician is to perform and accompany on the organ and piano for the Chancel Choir on the first and third Sundays of each month of worship service.
- Coordinate through the minister and worship committee to create a dynamic worship environment.
- Demonstrate an attitude of enthusiasm, cooperation and positive attitude.
- Work well with staff, church and members of choir.
- Sight-read music at an adequate level for previewing of choral and instrumental music.
- Special services including, but not limited to the following: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, additional Easter services, Good Friday, Christmas services and Revivals, as well as Weddings and Funeral services for Epworth Members.
- Candidate must be able to practice with Chancel Choir during the week to prepare for Sunday service and attend worship committee meetings for special event planning as needed.
- The musician shall report to the Pastor and Pastor-Parish Relations Committee.
- Salary is $300 per performance for worship service, and $75 for special services as approved by the Finance Committee. Epworth United Methodist Church hereby retains Musician as a Contractor and Contractor hereby agrees to act as such on the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement.
Bachelor’s degree in Music and/or 3 years of experience as church organist and piano.
Job performance will be reviewed at least annually by the Pastor and Chairperson of the Pastor-Parish Relations committee.
Interested applicants should submit resume and references to:
Epworth United Methodist Church
Church Email: epworth1532@charlotte.TWCBC
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6330, Gastonia, NC 28056
Contact: Mr. Larry Adams, Pastor-Parish Relations Committee Chairperson
Church/Org/Business Name: Epworth United Methodist Church
Address: 1325 Linwood Road Gastonia NC 28052
Email: Click to email