Contemporary Worship Leader
Part-Time Position (~20-25 hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Using personal skill and talents, recruit, train, organize and motivate volunteers and paid musicians to provide musical support for the contemporary service that will enhance the worship experience for the congregation of members and guests. In concert with the Pastor’s lead, support worship planning and delivery. In concert with the Director of Music Ministry and Pastor’s, support special services as requested, and other ministries by providing appropriate contemporary musical support. Direct paid musicians, as required, in their respective areas of responsibility. Responsible to provide worship support materials including items such as slides for congregational participation.
- Volunteer Involvement – recruit sufficient volunteers to provide a variety of musical support for the assigned worship service including, but not limited to the praise team. Support volunteer involvement in other areas of the campus music ministry. Augment volunteers with appropriate paid resources to provide musical or vocal depth.
- Music Selection – with the Director of Music Ministry/Pastoral guidance and support, select music appropriate for contemporary worship purpose. Introduce music to the praise team in a way that assures acceptance and commitment to excellent delivery. Prepare and direct the praise team so that music is an excellent component to the worship experience. Participate in the development of a strategic vision that will ensure a ministry that draws people to participation in music and worship.
- Special Programs/Seasonal Events – Be available to provide contemporary music/programming for other ministries (such as Open Door, ESL, VBS, etc.) on a periodic basis at the discretion of the Director of Music Ministry.
- Perform other related duties in support of church and planned staff ministries, at the discretion of the Director of Music Ministry.
- Maintain compliance with all church policies and procedures. When working with children/youth, assure adherence to the Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Maintain confidentiality in all sensitive information (verbal, written, background reports, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in music preferred; appropriate theological studies/degree preferred.
- Five-plus years of relevant experience working with adults in music/worship leadership.
- Excellent organizational, verbal/ written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external members and guests individually or in groups.
- General computer proficiency (MS Office – Word and Outlook) as well as proficiency with software related directly to music and worship planning and delivery.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices within the time allotted.
Contact: Athen Tate
Church/Org/Business Name: Harrison UMC
Address: 15008 Lancaster Hwy Pineville NC 28134
Email: Click to email