Etowah UMC Organist
Etowah United Methodist Church (EUMC) is currently seeking an experienced organist and pianist for part-time employment, five hours per week, beginning September 30, 2019.
To provide organ and piano music for worship at EUMC's 8:30 and 11:00 services. Other paid opportunities are available for special programs during Easter, Christmas, concerts, etc.
Education, Skills and Ability:
Be able to display a professional level of musical talent from training and experience. Have a thorough working knowledge of the congregation’s worship services and a theological understanding of church music. Be able to communicate well and in a friendly manner with the pastors, worship and music committee members, fellow employees, church choir, praise and worship team, and members of the congregation.
Job Performance Requirements:
- Provide organ and piano music for Sunday worship services (8:30 & 11:00) and seasonal and special services.
- Work with music director in choosing music selections for the congregation to sing.
- Provide organ offertory, prelude, and postlude.
- Attend choir practice Wednesdays at 6:30.
- The applicant shall rehearse sufficiently to maintain a high quality of music.
- An annual performance review will be done.
- The applicant shall seek professional relationships with other church musicians.
Qualified applicants should email a resume (no cover letter required) to Will Holt at email@example.com.
Contact: Will Holt
Church/Org/Business Name: Etowah UMC
Address: 110 Brickyard Rd Etowah NC 28729
Email: Click to email