Contemporary Worship Leader
- Lead and create a contemporary band with an unique sound, targeting young adults and families in conjunction with the launch team.
- Demonstrate proficient musical ability, leadership, a humbling faith, and love to share Jesus with those wanting a spirit filled experience through worship.
- Assist and lead team to grow the music ministry of this service through the development of additional band members and key volunteers, inviting others into a relationship with Christ through experience.
- Be a Christ follower who understands the mission field and the target population.
- Utilize visual technology to enhance the band-led experience.
- Work with Senior Pastor to plan worship sermons.
- Part-time: 10-15 hours/wk to start position, increase to 20 hours/wk at the end of a three-month trial.
- Select music for the service that is relevant to the mission field of seekers.
- Strong team building skills, with ability to, shepherding and caring for the worship team.
- Develop back-ups, musicians, and singers, with a rotation so no one group gets burned out, including a substitute worship leader.
- Develop a signature sound with the appropriate musicians to reach the target population.
- Advise the church on musical and sound equipment necessary.
- Help determine location and time of service according to the needs of the mission field.
- Work with the pastor and design team (formed by worship service volunteers) to create weekly services.
- Manage a budget for hiring musicians as needed
- Develop a culture of paid and non-paid musicians along with supporting volunteers.
- Significant skill as vocalist and instrumentalist
- Develop a yearly music budget and work within that budget
- Opportunity to direct the Chancel/Traditional Choir is an opposability.
Must pass a background check before hire .
Contact: Leigh Ann Loyd
Church/Org/Business Name: Epworth UMC
Address: 1030 BURRAGE RD NE CONCORD NC 28025-2910
Email: Click to email