Director of Student Ministries
McKendree UMC is a 1,200-member church in Gwinnett County (suburban Atlanta) with an active Student Ministry. This position is full-time and salaried with health insurance.
Goals: Love youth where they are; encourage youth in developing their relationship with God; provide them with opportunities for growth; and challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and in the world.
- Lead a comprehensive Student ministry. Develop, implement, and coordinate the student curriculum on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Responsible for annual Confirmation classes.
- Recruit and train volunteers and maintain productive working relationships with other staff for effective team ministry.
- Participate in Sunday worship, Wednesday night activities and weekly staff meetings.
- Manage student ministries budget and record keeping, communication of events, and promotional efforts.
- Remain available to students outside structured church events (i.e. lunch at school, attending extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
The successful candidate:
- Is knowledgeable about and willing to lead from a Wesleyan/United Methodist Christian spiritual perspective.
- Has a bachelor’s degree or above in a related field and/or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrates experience in leading student ministry as well as working with and leading volunteers.
- Wants to share their passion for ministering to young people and their families.
- Is energetic, motivated, and boldly in love with Christ.
Contact: Joe Shepard
Church/Org/Business Name: McKendree United Methodist Church
Address: 1570 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road Lawrenceville GA 30043
Email: Click to email