Position Opening - Ministry Engagement Coordinator
Eating Together Faithfully, Ministry Engagement CoordinatorHalf-time Position (with potential for full-time in 2020)
Beginning February 2019
The Ministry Engagement Coordinator (MEC) for Eating Together Faithfully should have a good working language and practice of the food and faith movement and exhibit a maturity in decision making, strategic planning, and collaborative relationships.
The best candidate will be a life-long learner with strong administrative, organizational and leadership skills; a visionary committed to the life of discipleship through the practices of Sabbath keeping and building flourishing communities through the ways we eat and share food.
Responsible for the development, planning and implementation of the Eating Together Faithfully (ETF) program of Life Around the Table:
- Resource Development: Assist in editing current ETF curriculum as well as developing and designing all new resources including:
- Leader’s Guide;
- Planning Tool Kit;
- Student Book;
- Supplemental Sessions;
- Online Resourcing Center.
- Develop new ETF Communities of Practice: Assist in 2019 and full responsibility in 2020:
- Recruit, build relationships with, and select applicants;
- Develop, lead and manage all logistics of three-day training retreat;
- Provide encouragement and consulting support as new ETF Communities of Practice are implemented.
- Coordinate all ETF Communities of Practice:
- Maintain at least quarterly contact with active ETF Communities of Practice to provide encouragement and support as needed;
- Maintain online platform for active ETF Communities of Practice to make connections with each other, ask questions, share resources and personal stories, reflect on Scripture and theological themes, deepen our understanding of the food system, and live more fully into the questions that arise when we seek to connect our faith to our eating.
- Develop and implement long-term goals, objectives and action plans in a process of continual improvement to achieve the successful outcome of the program area;
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and volunteers;
- Manage ETF budget and track all fees collected and expenditures made;
- Maintain accurate records of all ETF Communities of Practice and facilitators;
- Develop and implement effective procedures, processes, services and systems to ensure integrity and effectiveness of ETF ministry;
- Develop and manage quantitative and qualitative tools, processes, data and impact stories for providing outcome and evaluation reports;
- Prepare reports on the ETF program for LATT and for funders;
- Collaborate and contribute as part of a collegial team to the overall and strategic goals of Life Around the Table.
To Apply for Position: Please send a letter of interest and resume by January 11, 2019 to Grace@lifearoundthetable.org.
Contact: Grace G Hackney
Church/Org/Business Name: Life Around the Table
Address: 7010 Thunder Mountain Rd. Efland NC 27243
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view