Director of Children's Ministries
The Church’s Mission: To be a sign of Christ’s love for the world.
General Description: Provide a comprehensive ministry to equip and encourage children and their families to carry out Dilworth Church’s mission of being a sign of Christ’s love for the world.
Full Time Reports To: Senior Minister
Responsible for planning and providing children’s ministry, that provides a solid foundation of learning, spiritual formation, and practice in Christian discipleship. Leads a team of lay volunteers to design and carry out spiritual formation ministry for and with children and their families. Develop relationship and strong communication with parents of children that encourages participation in the spiritual development of their children. Is also the staff liaison to the Dilworth Child Development Center (DCDC) Board and the Dilworth Weekday School (DWS) Board.
- Oversee and Coordinate Ministries for and with Children and Families
- Develop long-range and annual plans for children ministries that equip all children of the church to claim, grow in, and live out their faith in Christ and that strengthen families.
- Recruit, train, and equip children’s Sunday School teachers and leaders in the areas of children’s ministries.
- Oversee and coordinate children’s ministries, including Sunday morning classes, Sunday evening 45.1 group, family outreach ministries, summer camps, Vacation Bible School, fundraising events for children’s ministry, special events, and relationship building with children and their families.
- Participate in weekly worship, to provide the Children’s Sermon and other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Visit or contact new parents, to provide spiritual support and connect them with the congregation and resources for families.
- Plan and provide the annual Family Retreat and occasional programs for parents, as needed.
- Seek ways for children to become involved in the life of the church beyond Sunday school and children’s activities.
- Represent the children’s ministries to the larger church and to staff.
- Oversee and Coordinate Christian Education for Adults
- Attend meetings of, provide resources to, and support the Children’s Council. Work with (this chairperson and council) to direct and grow the ministries (of the church).
- Attend meetings of the DCDC Board and the DWS Board. Represent the church to these boards and the schools to the church.
- Attend regular staff meetings, Ministries Council meetings, and participate in the ongoing worship and life of the church and the staff.
- Develop budget requests and oversee the budgets for Children’s Ministry.
- Provide reports, statistics, or other information as needed, on children’s ministry.
(Bachelor OR/AND)Master’s Degree in Christian Education with focus on Children’s Ministry, or equivalent.
Contact: Kelly K Hofstatter
Church/Org/Business Name: Dilworth UMC
Address: 605 East Blvd Charlotte 28203
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view