Contemporary Worship Leader
Harrison United Methodist Church is a caring faith community in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are looking for a dedicated Worship Leader for our contemporary service. Harrison is a vibrant, multi-generational church dedicated to bible study and spiritual health for the next generations, building relationships with God and one another. Church members describe Harrison as warm, friendly, and welcoming. We have a church membership of around 600, and have three worship services: 2 traditional and 1 contemporary. The Contemporary Worship Leader reports directly to the Music and Worship Arts Director.
Summary Job Description:
The Contemporary Worship Leader is responsible for all aspects of the worship and music experience for the contemporary service. In concert with the Pastors and the Music and Worship Arts Director, they plan and lead music selection and execution, and oversee all associated audio/visual (A/V) aspects to ensure a high level of excellence in all elements of worship. They must feel called by God to the ministry of music and feel led to grow the congregation’s ability to worship God by singing the songs of faith.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the priorities set by the Senior Pastor for Harrison Church.
- Support the mission of inviting all people into a living relationship with Jesus Christ by investing in the lives of others while embodying the kind of energy and integrity others seek to follow.
- Work to develop a strong, well-balanced praise team by recruiting, training, managing, and retaining volunteer and paid singers/musicians. Direct members of praise team and A/V support, lead all rehearsals, and organize music for contemporary service.
- Recruit and motivate volunteers in creation of all technical elements, including A/V set and content, as needed at all services.
- Work with members in surrounding community to integrate Harrison’s music missions in order to build community outreach and to recruit volunteers.
- Be available to provide contemporary music/programming for other ministries or special services on a periodic basis at the discretion of the Music and Worship Arts Director.
- Maintain compliance with all church policies and procedures. When working with children/youth, assure adherence to our Safe Sanctuary policy.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; appropriate musical or theological studies/degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience working in music/worship leadership.
- Proven demonstrations of successfully leading, motivating and coordinating a contemporary worship service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal members of the congregation, guests and external community partners. Must be comfortable in front of a large crowd and be comfortable engaging with congregation after each service.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills (planning, creating/keeping deadlines, decision making, delegation, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Salary is competitive and will be based upon applicant’s experience and skills and his/her ability to fulfill the functions listed.
Application Package Requirements/Contents:
- Cover Letter
- Detailed resume
- List of references, prefer both professional and personal
- Video recording(s) of worship services and/or individual vocal or instrumental performance if applicable.
Contact: Athen Tate
Email: Click to email