Student Ministry Associate Pastor
Stony Knoll United Methodist Church of East Bend, NC is seeking a part-time (Quarter time, roughly 10 hours per week) Student Ministry Associate to begin service on September 1st, 2018. The student ministry engages students grades 6-12 in weekly youth group meetings, Sunday school, retreat and outreach events.
Job Summary: Youth and Student Ministries
Accountability: Reports functionally to the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
· Demonstrate a strong faith in Jesus Christ in life and in practice
· A self-starter work ethic with a consistent entrepreneurial spirit
· High organization skills
· Has a strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skill
· Ability to communicate verbally and electronically with computer software and Internet-based communication
· Willing to commit at least 10 hours a week
· Experience in student ministry preferred, but not required
· Pass all background and substance abuse checks
Expectations: The Student Ministry Associate will grow spiritually and professionally. Work cohesively with the Pastor and be an enthusiastic member of SKUMC in order to fulfill their mission and vision.
Essential Job Duties:
· Willing to commit 10 hours a week
· Create and co-lead all youth ministry programming, ministry events, & planning
· Relationally connect with students on a weekly basis
· Manage logistics of student ministry trips and events as needed; money collection, reservations, collection of forms and serve as “point of contact” with parents.
· File, organize and maintain all paperwork on individual students
· Send monthly email to parents
· Update & maintain student ministry online calendar and website.
· Oversee and give input on the planning, development and direction of the student ministry, both short and long term.
· Consistent willingness to pray daily for student ministry and our students.
· Build and encourage open and appropriate relationships with all youth
· Create and foster an environment for the spiritual and leadership development of youth
· Ensure all youth programs, curriculum and resources are consistent with the teaching and doctrine of the United Methodist Church
· Model Christian behavior and conduct in all situations and in all relationships
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastors
· Challenge the youth to respond to God’s call to service
· To serve as a resource point for confirmation classes and Vacation Bible School
Contact: David Blankenberg
Church/Org/Business Name: Stony Knoll UMC
Address: 2340 Flint Hill Rd. East Bend NC 27018
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view