Director of Christian Education
The Director Christian Education shall have appropriate training, skills, and experience, or calling to support related ministry teams in planning and implementing age-level education ministries within Selwyn United Methodist Church. The applicant shall articulate their call to Christian ministry and their commitment to encourage lay leadership to inform and strengthen Selwyn UMC as a community of faith.
- Recruit, train, encourage, and support the lay people in the various volunteer ministries of working with children, youth, middle school, senior high and adults. Children's time, Sunday school, Vacation Bible School and other programs that the educator develops.
- Create and implement the program of ministry with children, youth, and adults on Sunday evening UMYF, and monthly adult programs.
- Foster relationships and mentorship with children, youth and their families.
- Oversee compliance with Safe Sanctuary plan and procedures.
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies for Christian Education
- Arrange for nursery and childcare during Sunday school, and all worship services.
- Develop and engage volunteer teams for children, youth and families, to implement activities and events (e.g., Weekly youth gatherings, missional outreach, lock-ins, retreats, family game nights, summer events, family holiday events, speakers, and workshops)
- Work with the pastor in planning and implementing small group studies including Disciple Bible Study and other Bible studies and in planning and implementing Confirmation Classes, and participate in the worship life of Mouzon.
- The Director of Christian Education is expected to work a minimum of 20 hours a week with variable and flexible schedule to meet the needs of the program.
- The pastor will supervise the work of the Director of Christian Education.
- Effective organizer, recruiter, trainer and facilitator.
- Knowledge and comfort with United Methodist theology and practice.
- Working as an integral and contributing part of a staff team comprised of clergy, program staff and support staff.
- The Staff Parish Relations Committee will provide a committee liaison person to The Director of Christian Education for communication with the SPRC .
- Any grievances or problems shall be brought to the SPRC and not to other church Member
Baccalaureate degree and /or certification in Youth and Family Ministry and 2 years successful professional experience/or equivalent, or a baccalaureate degree and/or certification in related field and 4 years successful professional experience/or experience.
This person will report to:
The Pastor and Staff/parish Relations Committee
Part Time 20-25 Hours per week.
Submit resume to:
Selwyn United Methodist Church
3100 Selwyn Avenue
Charlotte, N.C. 28209
E-Mail Response: email@example.com
Contact: Linwood Brooks
Church/Org/Business Name: Selwyn UMC
Address: 3100 Selwyn Ave Charlotte NC 28209