Funds Available for Expenses Incurred During COVID-Related Food Relief Ministries
Resourceful Communities and The Conservation Fund are working with Livingstone College to manage an application and selection process for COVID-related food relief. Livingstone College will distribute the funds, which are made available through the NC Pandemic Recovery Office, and in partnership with the NC Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health.
We anticipate being able to support about 50-75 organizations. Because funds are limited, we are looking to help community and faith partners in rural communities that:
- Incurred COVID-related food relief expenses between March 1, 2020 to November 12, 2020.
- Can submit documentation of expenses, including proof of payment.
Required documentation to apply for reimbursement funds is significant.
We’ll be offering two webinars on November 19 (at 12 noon and 6 pm). You can find details on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/resourcefulcommunities), and we’ll also record and post the presentations (https://www.conservationfund.org/our-work/resourceful-communities/tools-and-forms/virtual-trainings).
Additional details follow. Online applications will be due Wednesday, December 2, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
Thank you and please give a shout if you have questions!
Applications are due December 2, 2020 at 11:59pm at https://bit.ly/COVIDreimbursement
Reimbursements are available for COVID-related food relief activities between March 1, 2020 and November 12, 2020.
Reimbursement Amount: $2,500-$40,000
ELIGIBLE EXPENSES: Eligible expenses for reimbursement include food purchases, distribution expenses (boxes, transportation costs for delivery, staff time), cold storage for COVID-related food relief, etc.
- Construction and capital improvements are not eligible expenses.
- Expenses paid for from Federal funding sources such as PPP or CARES ACT funding are not eligible for reimbursement.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS INCLUDE:
- NC-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, churches, municipalities , local agencies, and tribal entities
- Preference will be given to organizations led by and serving communities of color and/or low-income communities.
- If your organization is not a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, you can still apply for grant funds in partnership with a nonprofit fiscal sponsor. Churches are not required to engage a fiscal sponsor but must meet 501(c)(3) nonprofit requirements set by the Internal Revenue Service. (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf, Tax Guide for Churches & Religious Organizations).
- Applicants must be located in and serving rural communities.
- Organizations in the following counties cannot apply: Buncombe, Durham, Forsyth, Guilford, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Orange, and Wake.
- Statewide and regional agencies cannot apply.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION:
- Receipts/ documentation, including proof of payment, for eligible expenses between March 1, 2020 through November 12, 2020.
- IMPORTANT: Documentation that demonstrates proof of payment might include receipts, pay stub or bank statement (not just timesheets) for staff time, invoice plus canceled check, etc.
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter (if applicable)
- Accurate W-9 form
- All documentation must be submitted with the application for reimbursement or applicant will be deemed ineligible.
- Funding recipients will be required to sign an agreement with Livingstone College by noon on December 16 or will not receive funding.
QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com with questions or contact anyone on our team.
Donna Pratt: firstname.lastname@example.org / (919) 902-0889
Mikki Sager: email@example.com / (919) 949-5687
Monica McCann: firstname.lastname@example.org / (919) 612-7110
Kathleen Marks: email@example.com / (919) 619-5811
Tatia Ash: firstname.lastname@example.org / (919) 423-5496
Margaret Conrad: email@example.com / (919) 818-8138
Olivia Percoco: firstname.lastname@example.org / (631) 905-9550
Jaimie McGirt: email@example.com / (910) 231-6760
Justine Post: firstname.lastname@example.org / (989) 430-4315
You Might Also Like