February Cabinet Recap
The February 4 meeting of the Extended Cabinet brought much to celebrate for our conference. The Extended Cabinet livestreamed Bennett College’s press conference announcing that they raised more than $8.2 million by the deadline. We celebrate with the women of Bennett and appreciate the contributions of our United Methodist connection.
We celebrated that our new conference building receiving LEED Gold certification. LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the most widely used green building rating system in the world and provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings.
The Cabinet discussed the February Special Session of General Conference and the Bishop made plans to visit the Districts for worship and Holy Communion in March and April.
- March 3, 2:00 p.m. at First UMC Hendersonville – Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountain Districts
- March 10, 2:00 p.m. at Assurance UMC in Huntersville – Metro District
- March 16, 10:00 a.m. at Main Street UMC Kernersville – Northern Piedmont and Yadkin Valley Districts
- March 31, 3:00 p.m. at St. Luke’s UMC in Hickory – Catawba Valley and Appalachian Districts
- April 6, 10:00 a.m. at Central UMC in Albemarle – Uwharrie District
You Might Also Like