Using Appreciative Inquiry-Based Coaching for Conflict Resolution
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
January 6, 2015
By Dave Zietlow, Leadership coach at DPZietlow & Associates, a Passion in Partnership Coach The appreciative inquiry model provides a different perspective and prescription for resolving conflicts within a church. In the midst of conflict, we can chose to focus on:
- our differences in opinion or on our common bond as a faith community;
- our feeling of scarcity or on God’s abundance of resources;
- barriers between each other or on the possibilities of working together
- Seek an affirmative topic
- Discover “What gives life?” Appreciating what is!
- Dream “What might be?” Envisioning Results!
- Design “What could be?” Co-creating the future!
- Deliver “How do we empower, learn, and adjust?” Sustain!
You Might Also Like