Connectional Table Launches Video Series
The Connectional Table is launching a series of weekly videos to help inform United Methodist church leaders and General Conference delegates leading up to the 2016 General Conference next May. The videos are part of an online forum called #CTTalks.
#CTTalks is intended to provide a way of engaging information about General Conference, rather than simply reading it,” said the Rev. Dr. Amy Valdez Barker, executive secretary of The Connectional Table. </p>
The #CTTalks forum is designed to be used by delegations and annual conferences as they study and discuss issues that will be addressed at General Conference 2016. These weekly posts will include interviews with United Methodist bishops, Connectional Table members, and other leaders from across the denomination.
Each video will also be accompanied by a one-page conversation sheet with FAQs on the topic, as well as questions for delegates to use to continue the dialogue.
Delegates are invited to ask questions of the interviewees in advance via Twitter using the hashtag #CTTalks. Individual delegates and entire delegations can use the resource to help prepare for General Conference.
- Oct. 2015: General Conference Culture
- Nov. 2015: Christian Conferencing
- Dec. 2015: Vital Congregations (¶ 120)
- Jan. 2016: Worldwide Nature: Our Theology
- Feb. 2016: Worldwide Nature:Our Organization/Structure
- Apr. 2016: Vital Congregations, Four Strategic Directions for 2017–2020
- May 6: Welcome to Portland
You Might Also Like