Executive & Program Support Specialist (Administrative Assistant)
May 8, 2023
This position reports directly to the Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs, and provides administrative support to the President and Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs. The Executive and Program Support Specialist is responsible for coordinating and executing the support functions that maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the President’s office and the Reynolds Ministries programs. As this person will be privy to very sensitive information, the highest level of confidentiality is expected/required. Three critical elements are needed for success: a passion for service, outstanding communication skills, and impeccable attention to detail.
• Serve as the President’s administrative liaison to the Foundation’s board of directors.
• Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks, including:
o Prepare and submit expense reports and credit card statements,
o Create agendas and compile documents for meetings,
o Assist in presentation preparation (PowerPoint, paper packets, etc.), and
o Help to coordinate calendar events, confirm appointments, and schedule travel and accommodations if needed.
• Assemble materials when requested or when can be anticipated in advance of meetings.
• Records and distributes meeting minutes as needed; i.e., board of directors
• Welcome all guests (in-person and over the phone) with “radical hospitality” to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Answer phone and route calls in a polite and professional manner.
• Assist with daily office paperwork processing: correspondence preparation, incoming and outgoing mail, online filing, etc.
• Completes other tasks as requested by the President and Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs.
• Maintains an updated position process manual, detailing the processes necessary for every component of this position’s responsibilities, including passwords for websites and online access relevant to this position.
Assist the Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs with accomplishing the goals set forth by the United Methodist Foundation’s Board of Directors, the Reynolds Ministries Team, and the
Foundation President at a high level of excellence.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with program participants, vendors, applicants, WNCC staff, and other relevant parties via phone, email, US post, etc.
- Initiate payments by completing check requests and/or arranging credit card transactions.
- Compile and organize data collected through applications, surveys, and other means.
- Make arrangements for travel, accommodations, and meals for programs and handle contracts.
- 5+ years of administrative support experience
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks without sacrificing excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate over all media platforms as well as in person
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with staff, board members, and clients
- Proficiency with PC programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe, and Outlook
- Ability to determine and balance priorities
- Evident work ethic and a teachable spirit
- Demonstrated passion for Christian and/or nonprofit work
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Notary Certification or willingness to earn
- This full-time exempt position is based in the Foundation offices in Huntersville, NC, and will work regularly scheduled hours of operation for the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina and as needed to complete responsibilities pertaining to the position.
- Support the mission of the United Methodist Foundation to build the Church for generations to come.
- Abide by the UMF Employee Handbook guidelines as approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.