The Virginia Conference of The United Methodist Church (VAUMC) announces a search for a Web Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for effectively managing day-to-day operations of the Virginia Conference website, including maintaining, updating, and overseeing the website. The Web Manager will work closely with the Director of Communications to manage frequent communications with core working teams, partners, and Conference leadership, ensuring that the Conference’s email Google groups, Conference communications, and the Conference website are supported. The ideal candidate must have strong visual and technological knowledge, excellent communication skills, and outstanding relational skills.
- Ongoing review and enhancement of the conference website through content management and design; ensuring accuracy, consistency and alignment with overall Conference strategies, while adhering to ADA and security requirements.
- Develop a framework for measuring web vitals, engagement and conversion rates and regularly report on these metrics
- Manage organic search engine performance and identify and execute opportunities to improve search rank for key terms.
- Identify and drive strategic areas of improvement for Web Vitals and work to drive improvements.
- Maintain a deep understanding of website experiences and identify unique opportunities to leverage content, creative, and technology to drive or influence conversion rate. Leverage analytics, market research and usability testing to create and continuously enhance ongoing content and design strategy.
- Manage navigation and overall information architecture in order to improve the online experience for users, proactively identify, prioritize, and drive opportunities for ongoing process improvement.
- Communicate and enforce the Web Standards of our digital assets, including but not limited to; Style Guides, Accessibility requirements, UX and established Design standards.
- Manage the conference special-interest Google email groups. Generate and distribute mass emails to constituents on behalf of Conference staff and affiliated United Methodist entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Suite, Google tools is required.
- 4+ years of website management experience, including advanced knowledge of WordPress and affiliated plug-ins, is required.
- Previous experience in website design and development and management of large websites is required.
- Thorough understanding of User Experience and Information Architecture
- Excellent communication, writing, spelling, and grammar skills. Familiarity with AP Stylebook is strongly preferred.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and complete tasks quickly with the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Good team player, working cooperatively and collaboratively with Director of Communications, Director of Connectional Ministries, and other members of conference staff
- Working knowledge of The United Methodist Church and its polity is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, and other internal and external constituents of the UMC
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Andrew Jordan
Church/Org/Business Name: Virginia Annual Conference UMC
Address: 10330 Staples Mill Rd Glen Alen VA 23060
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like