Contemporary Worship Leader
OUTLINE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER
CHRIST UMC - GREENSBORO, NC
JOB TITLE: Director of Contemporary Worship and Media
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Worship and Arts
HOURS: Hours will vary from week to week, will typically work between 20 - 30 hours . Sunday morning and Sunday evening availability will be required.
GOAL: To create inviting, energetic and interactive contemporary worship experiences by recruiting lay worship participants, band members, leaders, and servers, utilizing various styles of music, instruments and visual elements to enhance the tone and rhythm of worship, as well as technology to enhance and present in-person and online services.
RESPONSIBILITIES: All responsibilities are subject to change, based upon the needs of the Church. Further expectations and responsibilities are outlined in the Employee Handbook. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consult with Pastors and worship staff to select music for weekly Sunday worship services, and any additional worship services as needed, to set the tone and complement the theme.
- Create an inviting worship environment by selecting music that people can sing as well as teaching new songs and interacting with congregation to encourage participation.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate members of the worship team (musicians, vocalists, sound board technicians, media operators).
- Recruit, hire and manage any supplemental musicians, if necessary, within the constraints of the worship budget and available personnel.
- Lead worship team rehearsals during the week.
- Maintain licensure and conduct CCLI reporting.
- Work with the Youth Pastor to recruit, develop, and rehearse a youth praise band to perform during Youth Sunday or other youth events as needed.
- Provide music and/or sound tech support for funerals and weddings as requested. Additional compensation will be provided.
- Attend staff and worship meetings as deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, particularly in a relevant field, such as music or theology, is preferred and/or experience in worship leadership and knowledge of worship trends.
- Strong musical talents and the ability to recruit/direct a group of musicians and to lead worship with excellence.
- Be a strong team player.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is based upon relevant education and experience and set by the Staff Parish Relations Committee of Christ UMC, in accordance with any Annual Conference or denominational policies (where applicable). Additional benefits are detailed in the Christ UMC Employee Handbook.
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like