The Coastal Virginia District of the Virginia Annual Conference is seeking a highly qualified Administrative Manager to provide administrative support and management to the District Superintendent. This role is responsible for also supporting clergy and laity of the local churches, as well as constituents of The United Methodist Church and strategically planning, organizing, and administering the ministries of the District.
The Coastal Virginia District works to bring people and gifts together to see all as neighbors and share God’s abundant love in tangible and transformative ways. This focus is the way the Coastal Virginia District resources and supports local churches, laity, clergy, and the community.
- Manages a broad variety of administrative tasks for the District Superintendent including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings. Also responsible for gathering and analyzing information required for administrative reporting, as needed.
- Coordinates meetings, including the preparation of meeting materials, drafting minutes, facilitating travel and coordinating meeting logistics. May also be expected to prepare agendas, schedules and presentations for meetings, as well as facilitate trainings as needed.
- Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow up action steps on correspondence and phone calls. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through to completion. Responsible for promoting the District Office and Conference philosophy and mission by presenting a positive image to constituents reaching out for assistance. Uses effective customer service skills when directing calls and assisting others.
- Assists in the management of budgets and coordinates expenses and reimbursement requests.
- Develops efficiencies and innovative processes and procedures for the District Office and works collaboratively with other Districts’ administrators for best practices, development, and mutual support.
- Perform other duties as requested by District Superintendent.
- High school degree is required. Associate’s degree is preferred, particularly in business, accounting and administration.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an office environment is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Solid working knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel), Google Docs, Constant Contact, and/or Mailchimp.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative work style in a team environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think proactively (and prioritize work).
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- United Methodist membership is preferred.
- Must have valid Drivers License.
- Some local travel is required.
- In office position – minimal remote work available.
815 Baker Road Ste. 301
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Go to link to apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=72606&clientkey=D8B4D7118C53994B86C7C2F226A2382B
Closing Date: Until Position Filled
The Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
Contact: Cianta Hogan
Church/Org/Business Name: GCFA
Address: 1908 Grand Ave Nashville 37212
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like